Have your say

To help us provide the best student experience, we encourage you to give us feedback on the services and online content you use while you’re studying at Unimelb. Most specifically, we are seeking feedback on the students.unimelb website. If you have an idea for new content you’d like to see, or a change to make your online experience better, please post an idea, vote on an existing suggestion or leave a comment.

New service space at 757 Swanston Street
If you have any feedback on the new service space, its name or design, please choose the “Services” category when posting your feedback.

Tell us your idea or provide general feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text into the Queue

The Arts and Commerce Student Centres used to have the 'Text into the Queue' function, whereby students could send a text message to a certain telephone number and their own telephone number would be entered into the virtual queue. Their phone number would then be contacted periodically to be notified how far from the front of the queue they were, and then again five minutes before they were due to be summoned so that they could return to the Student Centre.

The current service of sending a text message to a telephone number five minutes before being summoned is not…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Admin →

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the queuing system at Stop 1, it’s greatly appreciated.

We have forwarded your feedback onto the manager of the relevant area.

Kind regards,
      The Student Information team

• Decrease the waiting time for student enquiry reply

I hope the replies for student enquiry could be made even faster than the current 2 weeks period. This is to better facilitate the need for students, especially first years that may need to have their concerns addressed as soon as possible.

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Stop 1

I'd been told to speak with Stop1 about an enrolment issue. I then spoke to the guy that greeted me at Stop1 and told him my issue, and he gave me a ticket. After waiting an hour and a half, I got to speak to someone who said they don't handle the issue I had, and gave me a piece of paper with enrolment contact details. Why couldn't I have been told that straight away, rather than sitting around for 90 minutes?

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Stop 1 is so incredibly slow

It would be good if you could book in times for certain services instead of wasting your whole day sitting around waiting. Also an express lane for quick enquiries would be good rather than booking in.

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve Stop 1

I'm not sure why Unimelb thought it would be a great idea to combine all the different student centres (cost cutting strategy ?) but I think Stop 1 has been highly inefficient. First of all, they are very slow in responding. I remember having extreme difficulty getting Stop 1 to reply me regarding my enrolment at the start of the semester. This was all happening while I was out of the country, thus I couldn't physically visit Stop 1. I will really recommend having staff dedicated to responding to online enquiries / emails.

Secondly, the queue system at Stop 1.…

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There! Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such valuable feedback . It is disappointing to hear that you have not been fully happy with the service our team provide at Stop 1.

All our Academic administrative staff are there to provide you with assistance and they work closely together to resolve all student enquiries, or in the very least point students towards better avenues. It is great to hear, despite the wait, we have been able to resolve your issue.

We do have an sms system, similar to the old commerce student centre one and our concierge staff (the people in light blue) should have provided you with this as an option.

We have dedicated staff who answer emails, chats and phone calls as part of Stop 1 and they can resolve quick questions without you having to drop in You can find contact details…

• Inappropriate space

I am writing to express my concern and disappointment in the space allocated for "appointments" in Level 1, Stop 1. The space is totally inappropriate for the discussion of potentially sensitive issues, as there is seemingly limited room for private conversation. The environment appeared to have the effect of discouraging students from having conversations regarding sensitive issues and therefore seems an ill-equipped space to conduct such a service in a comprehensive way. While the staff were very helpful, the environment in which they are provided to work does not seem conducive to allowing for staff to have an informative conversation…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the new Stop 1 (Parkville) space. We appreciate your thoughts on how to make the space facilitate the best possible outcomes for all students.

As this is a new space, we are actively working to refine our practice and learn how to use the space most effectively.

Private interview rooms are available that can be requested at any time, and we have now posted signage to make this clear to all students and staff.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns.

Kind regards,
                The Student Information

• Scholarships

Make more scholarships available for current undergraduate domestic students

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Swanston 757 Space Management

I would like to learn more about how student queues will be managed within the new 757 complex. For example, during peak periods in the Eastern Resource Centre (ERC), students queues commonly extend outside the doors. The Ground Floor of Swanston 757 appears to be a similar size, although it will cater for students from all faculties.

Perhaps Student Centres will be spread across multiple levels or there will be a variety of areas to queue including covered outdoor areas when required during peak periods? Thank you!

Perhaps we can embrace an open-floor concept like Apple Stores etc. where staff…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your thoughts. It is very much appreciated and will help us improve the services and service space we provide students at the University of Melbourne.

When students enter the services space on the ground floor of 757 Swanston Street they will be approached by a concierge team, similar to those you have mentioned found at apple.

The service concierge staff will be able to direct students to the appropriate areas where assistance will be provided by staff who best know a student’s course and nature of enquiry.

On top of this we are introducing a queuing system similar to the one found in the Baillieu library. This will reduce the times students are waiting and will allow them to relax in the covered outdoor areas.

There will also be a number of spaces found within the building where…

• Didn't answer my questions at all

Thats what I enquired:
                    Hey I'm xxxx and I'm an international student. Since I've completed an exchange program and have granted the grant as an undergraduate in Melbourne uni last year, I'm just wondering if I have to attend to myWorld first step session and if I am eligible to be considered for a Melbourne global grant for my future exchange program in Master Degree? Thank you!

And that's what I got:
                    Yes, as an International Student you are still required to attend a My World First Steps Session to participate in the University of Melbourne Exchange program. This is…

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Services  ·  Admin →
                    • Deferral page does not work

Deferral site has not worked for two days now.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Getting an appointment in the Student Advising System is ridiculous

As unimelb students we are encouraged to utilise the support available to students. But it is ridiculous to make the Stop 1 and SAS appointments so limited. Availabilities are ridiculous, if something is urgent there is no way this can be accommodated. I expect these services available when I need them. Planning for help in 2 weeks is no help because it's too late. I need support NOW.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your very valid feedback. If you require immediate assistance and support we do encourage students to visit our team on Level 1 of Stop 1. However, there are things we can do to improve and I have included your comments in our report to the Stop 1 executive team for their consideration.

If you need any further assistance please get in touch here or via our contact us page.

http://students.unimelb.edu.au/stop1

Thank you,

The Stop 1 team.

• Stop 1 means reduced access to contact with Equity and Disability Support and Scholarships 'office' especially for research students

Being streamed at Stop 1 Parkville with students enrolling is very inefficient and time-consuming for research students, whose access to eg Scholarships advice is now exclusively through this limited channel.
                          I suggest increased access to Scholarships 'office', at least to be able to book a meeting through Stop 1 as with other services, and separate streams/queues for research students and undergraduate students - as has previously always been the case at this university.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your comments.

We are always looking to hear from our students, especially those who are here in a research capacity, and apologise if you have encountered any issues while visiting our team.

Your feedback has been collated and will be used to inform our service model going forward.

Thank you,

Student Information.

• Can't get special consideration even if I'm eligible

I'm super disappointed, Melbourne Uni. I thought you were better. I'm an international student and I lost my grandma few days ago and now I'm not only in mourning but also trembling with anger because I found I can't find a way to get the special consideration. I visited Stop 1 and was suggested to go to the counselling and to get a support form from them. I visited the counselling and was told to print a HPR form and fill in. Although I didn’t want to talk about my grandma all the time, I did it but when I…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry for your loss during this incredibly difficult time for you and your family. We understand that a manager has now been in touch with you.

The University is committed to achieving fair and equitable outcomes for all students, so we thank you for reaching out and providing feedback.

Kind regards,
                              The Student Information team

• online inquiries

I was given wrong information by a Stop 1 adviser through an online inquiry on how to decline a special consideration exam. I found out the correct information by calling in; this was disappointing. I suspect that inquiries are not read thoroughly a lot of the time and little care is taken in the provided response, sometimes responses are so generic and unhelpful. Going into the office is much better.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time leave us with your feedback. It’s not great when you receive conflicting information, and we are sorry this happened during a pretty stressful time.

We have passed on your feedback for review by our Stop 1 leadershipe team, and hope to improve services for you in the future.

Please feel free to contact our Facebook team if you have any problems in the future.

Thank you again,

The Stop 1 team.

• 1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Scholarship

I live in U.S I want get scholarship to coming Australia for study please help me out about info. Thanks

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Opening hours

Called the other day and was told stop 1 was open until 6pm. The guy didn't state that opening hours varied on week days so I arranged to leave work over an hour early specifically so I could make it in to speak to someone and much to my disappointment it closed at 5pm

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Gemma,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us. It is disapointing to hear that when you called our team you were not provided with the correct hours for the week.

I have forwarded your feedback to the Stop 1 team for their consideration, so as to improve services in the future.

Please feel free to contact our team on Facebook if you want anything clarified in the future, it will save the wait on the phone :)!

Thanks again.

The Stop 1 team.

• Terrible service from Stop 1

Why did the University have to replace experienced professional in Student centers with students! Stop 1 representatives don't even properly read the questions. Stop 1 made me run around for a month to get my problem solved, they would keep running me around different people to help me. Most of the time they would tell me that they will call me back when they have an answer, they never did ! I had to go to the dean of my faculty directly to get my issue solved. With the dean it got solved in a day, with Stop 1 it…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. It is very much appreciated.

We are always looking for ways to improve our service for all students in the future and we have included this feedback in our reporting to higher management for their review.

Thank you again. and I hope the next time you contact Stop 1, it is a far more pleasant experience.

Regards,

Student Information team.

• Have experts for certain fields/degrees at Stop 1

I have been to Stop 1 repeatedly over the past two months regarding enrolment in an arts honours year. I am constantly encountering different issues and have received conflicting information.

I feel that the reason my enquiry has been so drawn out is that no one at Stop 1 knows enough about an honours year. I have explained the issues I have been having to the head of my faculty, and he has said that the things I am trying to do are actually very normal for an honours year and is confused as to why I am getting the…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have found visiting Stop 1 so difficult.

We do have experts in particular fields, who are trained to deal with specific courses and it is disappointing that you did not receive such service.

I have collated your feedback and will pass it on for review, as we value the experiences of our students and are always looking to improve.

I do apologies for any inconvenience and the difficulties you have faced and thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

The Stop 1 team.

• Never had pleasant chats with agents here

I've used the chat service several times because of the convenience that it offers. However, I've never had pleasant chats with the agents. They don't possess the very basic of customer service such as warm greetings or using positive languages. I'm very disappointed at their condescending manner. If they don't enjoy helping others, they should really find other job.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jeong,
                                            Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the chat agents. We greatly value your feedback and do take it seriously so we can improve our services and training. We will pass on this feedback to the chat team. We hope that the next time you use the chat service, your experience is a positive one.

Regards,
                                            my.unimelb team

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base