Have your say

To help us provide the best student experience, we encourage you to give us feedback on the services and online content you use while you’re studying at Unimelb. Most specifically, we are seeking feedback on the students.unimelb website. If you have an idea for new content you’d like to see, or a change to make your online experience better, please post an idea, vote on an existing suggestion or leave a comment.

New service space at 757 Swanston Street
If you have any feedback on the new service space, its name or design, please choose the “Services” category when posting your feedback.

Tell us your idea or provide general feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text into the Queue

The Arts and Commerce Student Centres used to have the 'Text into the Queue' function, whereby students could send a text message to a certain telephone number and their own telephone number would be entered into the virtual queue. Their phone number would then be contacted periodically to be notified how far from the front of the queue they were, and then again five minutes before they were due to be summoned so that they could return to the Student Centre.

The current service of sending a text message to a telephone number five minutes before being summoned is not…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Admin →

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the queuing system at Stop 1, it’s greatly appreciated.

We have forwarded your feedback onto the manager of the relevant area.

Kind regards,
      The Student Information team

• Stop 1

I'd been told to speak with Stop1 about an enrolment issue. I then spoke to the guy that greeted me at Stop1 and told him my issue, and he gave me a ticket. After waiting an hour and a half, I got to speak to someone who said they don't handle the issue I had, and gave me a piece of paper with enrolment contact details. Why couldn't I have been told that straight away, rather than sitting around for 90 minutes?

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve Stop 1

I'm not sure why Unimelb thought it would be a great idea to combine all the different student centres (cost cutting strategy ?) but I think Stop 1 has been highly inefficient. First of all, they are very slow in responding. I remember having extreme difficulty getting Stop 1 to reply me regarding my enrolment at the start of the semester. This was all happening while I was out of the country, thus I couldn't physically visit Stop 1. I will really recommend having staff dedicated to responding to online enquiries / emails.

Secondly, the queue system at Stop 1.…

7 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There! Thank you for taking the time to leave us with such valuable feedback . It is disappointing to hear that you have not been fully happy with the service our team provide at Stop 1.

All our Academic administrative staff are there to provide you with assistance and they work closely together to resolve all student enquiries, or in the very least point students towards better avenues. It is great to hear, despite the wait, we have been able to resolve your issue.

We do have an sms system, similar to the old commerce student centre one and our concierge staff (the people in light blue) should have provided you with this as an option.

We have dedicated staff who answer emails, chats and phone calls as part of Stop 1 and they can resolve quick questions without you having to drop in You can find contact details…

• Stop 1 is so incredibly slow

It would be good if you could book in times for certain services instead of wasting your whole day sitting around waiting. Also an express lane for quick enquiries would be good rather than booking in.

6 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Decrease the waiting time for student enquiry reply

I hope the replies for student enquiry could be made even faster than the current 2 weeks period. This is to better facilitate the need for students, especially first years that may need to have their concerns addressed as soon as possible.

6 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Didn't answer my questions at all

Thats what I enquired:
              Hey I'm xxxx and I'm an international student. Since I've completed an exchange program and have granted the grant as an undergraduate in Melbourne uni last year, I'm just wondering if I have to attend to myWorld first step session and if I am eligible to be considered for a Melbourne global grant for my future exchange program in Master Degree? Thank you!

And that's what I got:
              Yes, as an International Student you are still required to attend a My World First Steps Session to participate in the University of Melbourne Exchange program. This is…

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Services  ·  Admin →
              • Inappropriate space

I am writing to express my concern and disappointment in the space allocated for "appointments" in Level 1, Stop 1. The space is totally inappropriate for the discussion of potentially sensitive issues, as there is seemingly limited room for private conversation. The environment appeared to have the effect of discouraging students from having conversations regarding sensitive issues and therefore seems an ill-equipped space to conduct such a service in a comprehensive way. While the staff were very helpful, the environment in which they are provided to work does not seem conducive to allowing for staff to have an informative conversation…

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the new Stop 1 (Parkville) space. We appreciate your thoughts on how to make the space facilitate the best possible outcomes for all students.

As this is a new space, we are actively working to refine our practice and learn how to use the space most effectively.

Private interview rooms are available that can be requested at any time, and we have now posted signage to make this clear to all students and staff.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns.

Kind regards,
                  The Student Information

• Equity and Disability Services

I would like to express my gratitude for the service provided at student equity and disability services at Stop1. I experienced an injury which strongly affected my study. The consultation and guidance from the team has helped me to finished my study on time including taking a semester exchange abroad instead of postponing my study. The guidance in managing time, emotion, and administration regarding my study from this department has significantly helped me. The staff explained very clear about the university system regarding my health circumstances, including supplementary exam and special considerations.

I was guided by Ms. Irene Gomez and…

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Swanston 757 Space Management

I would like to learn more about how student queues will be managed within the new 757 complex. For example, during peak periods in the Eastern Resource Centre (ERC), students queues commonly extend outside the doors. The Ground Floor of Swanston 757 appears to be a similar size, although it will cater for students from all faculties.

Perhaps Student Centres will be spread across multiple levels or there will be a variety of areas to queue including covered outdoor areas when required during peak periods? Thank you!

Perhaps we can embrace an open-floor concept like Apple Stores etc. where staff…

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your thoughts. It is very much appreciated and will help us improve the services and service space we provide students at the University of Melbourne.

When students enter the services space on the ground floor of 757 Swanston Street they will be approached by a concierge team, similar to those you have mentioned found at apple.

The service concierge staff will be able to direct students to the appropriate areas where assistance will be provided by staff who best know a student’s course and nature of enquiry.

On top of this we are introducing a queuing system similar to the one found in the Baillieu library. This will reduce the times students are waiting and will allow them to relax in the covered outdoor areas.

There will also be a number of spaces found within the building where…

• Scholarships

Make more scholarships available for current undergraduate domestic students

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• master of business analysis should be part time too

Hi,
                        I am working as Senior Analyst in UoM. I am really interested in Master of Business Analytics course, and I know few others who are interested too. But because it’s full time and we have to pay fees $40k +, it’s begone unrealistic to undertake this course. Otherwise, one does not have to spend their savings and continue earning and studying if it is part time course. I am quite sure once it will be available it will be full in first intake.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• waiver in applying overseas winter term program

I followed all the instruction that given, but the approval of the subject for Sophia University was released so late that already pass the deadline. Very disappointed for that. In addition, there was an chance to let the student that fail in apply to apply again, but this information did not inform all the student that applied the school, only the student come earlier to stop 1 got this chance. This is very irresponsible, I think this information should be inform to all the student that get the approval. And now I loss the opportunity to get this study even…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Failure to access continuation of application

While I started my online application to a research Doctorate program in Business, I still had a few steps to complete before submission.

On attempting to resume, the application link (https://sis.unimelb.edu.au/onlineapplication) keeps leading me to information regarding Time Table with an error; which isn't what I need.

Kindly help me with the link to my application.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Moses,

Thank you for getting in touch. I have checked the link on my browser and it seems the link is correctly directing me to the Course and Scholarships Application page.

In the instance that there was some temporary network errors while you were attempting to access this webpage, please try again today.

If you are still encountering the Timetable error page, please paste the application link into an incognito mode browser or a different internet browser (such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome etc).

As a final resort, please submit an enquiry to Stop 1 through the Future Students tab: https://ask.unimelb.edu.au/app/ask

Kind regards,
                              The students.unimelb team

• Failure to access continuation of application

While I started my online application to a research Doctorate program in Business, I still had a few steps to complete before submission.

On attempting to resume, the application link (https://sis.unimelb.edu.au/onlineapplication) keeps leading me to information regarding Time Table with an error; which isn't what I need.

Kindly help me with the link to my application.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Entry requirement

Dear officer,

I am writing to ask about the conditions of the offer I received from your university.

I am at my last semester undertaking British Columbia Graduation Certificate courses and I applied for Bachelor of Commerce in your distinguished university. I did well academically, but my mathematics are less compatitive to other subjects.

Since the Precalculas 12 and Calculus 12 are included in the calculation of average points in the offer condition as prerequisite courses, I was wondering if these two prerequisites could be substituted by other subjects such as Economics and Marketing.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Regard, …

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mativenga,

Thank you for sending your feedback to students.unimelb

Depending on what type of student you are and what subjects you choose to undertake in your masters, the total cost of your degree will differ.

This is why, on our Fees page (https://students.unimelb.edu.au/admin/fees), we encourage students to use the drop-down menus below ‘What type of student are you’. This means you will be provided more specific figures about the cost of study, including the 2018 fee table.

Alternatively, you can take a look at our Fees page for Future Students: https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/fees

Kind regards,

• Address invalid - can't submit query

Hi amazing Guys!

How you going? I'm brilliant!

I've been looking at changing my career from Hospo / Digital Project Manager to a nursing career.

I've been researching quite a bit and see that l could possibly do the Masters in Nursing Science. I've checked out http://mdhs-study.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/master-of-nursing-science/apply-now#apply-now
                                    And wanted to know if l can seek advice from the department or similar to check if I'm suitable for this Masters.

Thank you,

Gemma
                                    0468 494 361

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Your application process is cumbersome and deters potential students from applying

Make the application process user-friendly. The online application is far too cumbersome

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Excellent service

I called 13melb today and spoke with a Student Service Delivery Assistant called Jocelyn Victoria. She delivered an excellent service.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add more consultant that is expert in the area.

I am a student for 7 years (Undergrad + Hons + Master) which currently waiting for my graduation. With this time frame, I can observe how the service by University of Melbourne deteriorate so much. Every faculty used to have their own student centre, where the people were specialised in answering the specific question about the faculty. I used to get answer straight away when I go to the student centre.

Now, they combined every student centre to one, which means that the consultant will get a very diverse questions, which also means they would not be able to answer…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Novita,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to students.unimelb.

We are sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience with our services and will be passing along your feedback and suggestions to the relevant team.

If you are looking for a quick answer regarding your graduation, we would recommend that you call us at Stop 1. We have a call centre service available to assist with any urgent matters. You can find the contact details under the ‘Call us’ section of our website: http://students.unimelb.edu.au/stop1/contact-stop-1

Alternatively, you can also start an online chat if you would prefer. This is an instant messaging service for those looking for an immediate response. You can start a chat under the ‘Chat online’ section of our website: http://students.unimelb.edu.au/stop1/contact-stop-1

Kind regards,

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base