Tell us your idea or provide general feedback

Text into the Queue

The Arts and Commerce Student Centres used to have the 'Text into the Queue' function, whereby students could send a text message to a certain telephone number and their own telephone number would be entered into the virtual queue. Their phone number would then be contacted periodically to be notified how far from the front of the queue they were, and then again five minutes before they were due to be summoned so that they could return to the Student Centre.

The current service of sending a text message to a telephone number five minutes before being summoned is not nearly as robust, as one still has to enter the queue manually at Stop 1, and there does not appear to be a function to delay being summoned (and be moved slightly further down the queue should one require more time to return to Stop 1).

Students who do not have access to a mobile phone would still be able to enter the queue manually or by sending an email from their student email address, but I imagine that a text into the queue function would greatly reduce the number of people in the waiting area, and allow people to more efficiently manage their time by not having to wait for great lengths of time in peak periods.

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christopher Troupis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the queuing system at Stop 1, it’s greatly appreciated.

We have forwarded your feedback onto the manager of the relevant area.

Kind regards,
    The Student Information team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service